Followers

Monday 1 February 2010

My First Tea and Crumpets!!




I have to say, i was a bit skeptical of these "English Muffin Imposters" but in the end i found them quite delightful. The little holes in the bread allow for the butter to soak down to the bottom! I never in a million years ever thought i would eat butter and jam one on top of the other (it simply isn't done!) but i tried it and in a word...YUM!!!! As i lift my pinky and cup to my lips i silently toast Krista and wish she were here to enjoy it with me!

First picture: English Muffins (not sure why they are called "English" since no one in England knows what they are...clearly, they are American Muffins.)

Second Picture: My ACTUAL tea and crumpets (drooling)

Third picture: Crumpets untoasted and without toppings (just so you can see what they look like)

I'm told next i must try something called "clotted cream" *shivers* the sound of that makes me nearly vomit....but i'll try anything ...once.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chris - I have made crumpets before and they just like mine. You will love clotted cream. way more dense than whipped cream and just as lovely.

Mom